Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is That Paris Hilton Endorsing ME?



Is that Paris Hilton holding my latest CD and at my Magazine Launch?
You be the judge!

Look, It doesn't take a lot of cash to stay in front of your clients, friends and loved ones. All it takes is a few resources. You don't have to be a photoshop genius to be creative with pictures. Use resources that some (other) smart brainiacs have already made for you.

Here is what I mean. Grab a digital picture of someone you want to appreciate. Go to Photofunia.com. They have over 80 different templates that you can personalize with that picture. Here is an example of what I mean. Here is just a headshot of "Yours Truly"...



I took it in to Photofunia.com and grabbed a template and clicked choose file from my hard drive...here is the incredible result...



or this...



or this...



Here is an example from another FREE resource called "Church Sign Generator"




or from Redkid.net




Alright so you now have a way to make all these crazy pictures BUT...and It's a BIG BUT...(just like mine) How do I use them?

Here is one method I used and the recipient thought it was hilarious. I told them that I was driving along and saw this billboard and it looked so much like them you knew I had to take a picture of it and email it to them. They will get the joke as soon as they see the picture. Then I just said something like "hope you are having a picture perfect day".

Now if you use this tactic, make sure you put your phone number at the bottom of the email...they will most likely call you or email you back and want to know how you did it.

Now isn't that BRILLIANT...get the client to call you for something other than business? NO WAY! Why didn't I think of that? ...err...uh... ok. This my friends is how you start building relationships that are not transactional in nature. It's how you let your clients know that you care about them outside of business. Please don't muck it up by saying anything about your company or product!
Just be fun and relational and see what happens.

Instead of email, I use SendOutCards to make real greeting cards...NOT Ecards... and send that photo as a card that they will get in their mailbox. It is much more personal and costs about a dollar...no kidding... $1.

If you want to send one or learn more about SendOutCards (here is another free resource...while I'm feeling generous) Go to this link and I'll pay for you to send a card to someone YOU care about. Just shoot me an email and I'll mail you the link: renegademarketers@comcast.net

Well that's it...go have some fun and send some pictures to your peeps!
God bless you in your business success.
JR

1 comment:

Ken Hagler, Your Alaskan Realtor said...

Awesome ideas! Used to do some of this as a youth pastor. Thanks for the links and ideas. I'm looking forward to hearing more.